Versatility for a range of uses
Thus the Elite 8″ was designed to perform in both small-sealed, as well as very large (“Infinite-Baffle” or IB) sealed enclosures. At a mere 4.2″ deep, it fits where few larger drivers will, more like what smaller drivers require, yet it will require four (4) long-throw6.5″ drive units, to move as much air as a pair of Elite 8″ subs, yet requires just 3/4 of a cubic ft. for a superb “SQ” enclosure.
Similarly, the Elite 10 was also created to fill this void in the marketplace; a rugged design ideally suited to work without any box, yet which could take the high-power typical of today’s system designs.
By contrast, the Elite 12 was purpose designed to be an incredibly musical driver, both in small vented or reflex enclosures (as small as 1.3 cubic ft.), yet have the capability to get low and loud, and maintain its composure, with all types of music. The Elite 12 also performs remarkably in both single-reflex Bandpass and small-sealed enclosures, which are effectively the same.
Amazing sound quality at an affordable price
So regardless of your desired application needs, the Elite series offers a range of uses with stellar sound-quality, with modest mounting depth requirements, as even the 12 requires less than 5.9″ of depth, less than most high-performance 10-inch subwoofers. The Elite series will match up to virtually any driver costing up to 50 percent more, but will not compromise your trunk-space, nor your budget.
- Cast alloy, powder-coated, low-profile “SLX” frames provide ideal chassis for motor.
- Monolithic forged motor, featuring no axial rear vent, permits minimal mounting depth.
- Premium, “CCAW” multi-layer, high-power coils are superior to typical copper coils.
- Proprietary Aluminum “I-CAR” “Intercooler” dramatically increases power-handling.
- Advanced, Kevlar composite, multi-layer, sandwich “CLS” cone is near perfect piston.
- High-quality SBR rubber surround, permitting up to 2″ of peak-to-peak excursion.