Easily upgrade your factory audio system
Many of these systems now feature multi-channel amplification, some with 2 or even 3-way “active” systems, making the traditional passive, Line Output Converter (“LOC”) products not an option.
However these factory systems lack the traditional RCA low-level signal outputs that high-quality amplifiers need to work.
These factory power amplifiers often include built-in equalization, to help compensate for vehicle acoustic signatures. The LineDrive preamps all accept 400 – 500 watts (35 – 45V RMS) per channel on their balanced input sections, and then provide a high-quality RCA output, at high voltage (4 – 9.5 volts), to insure additional aftermarket amplifiers work optimally.
Addressing the unique needs of vehicle acoustics
Audiomobile pioneered the high-voltage preamp concept, in the 80′s with the remarkable SP 300 preamp, which replicated all the features of a high-end home audio preamp, but specifically designed to address the unique acoustic signature of vehicles.
While the need for some of these features is now no longer necessary, as many of these advanced features are included in the factory system, the need for a high-voltage, low-noise preamplifer, to drive aftermarket power amplifers to optimum performace, is still just as relevant as ever.
- Fully balanced differential input preamp: Insures premium sound with low-noise
- Balanced / high-level inputs: Accepts 400 – 500 watts / channel from OEM amps
- High-performance, PWM power supply: Delivers very-high dynamic range
- Compact, low-profile, all metal case: Provides easy integration / installation
- Mil-spec parts: Featuring premium, 1% Surface Mount Technology (SMT) parts
- Intelligent signal sensing turn-on circuit: Provides switched, amp trigger output
- Level matching stereo potentiometers: Featuring premium, sealed modular pots.
- High voltage output: Featuring low output impedance, delivers high sound quality
- Peak / Clip LED indicator: Allows for optimum gain level matching with amplifiers
- Designed and engineered in USA: Provides guaranteed audiophile performance
- Compact, low-profile, all metal case: Provides easy integration and installation
- Optional “RSL” wired remote: Offers subwoofer level control and ELF EQ function